Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Calling party on cucm

F1010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to apply change on calling number from internal extension to PSTN number and I achieved this on Route group level as following:

Desired calling number: 115111000

Calling extensions: 1000

Calling transformation mask: 11511XXXX

Result: successful 

Now I want to make calling number to be 115132000 when internal Extension 2000 make outbound call but I don't want to delete my first mask and there is no place to configure my new transformation.

Can someone guide me pls?

Another question:

I see a lot of options to change calling and called numbers in cucum (on trunk,  on Route pattern, on Route group, Route list) but idk what is the priority here.

3 Replies 3

If you have a need for different transformations based on calling numbers you’ll need to use Calling Party Transformation Patterns. These are placed into a partition, that needs to be separated from any partition used for call routing, and then put into a calling search space, again this needs to be separated from CSSs used for call routing. This CSS is then set to be used for calling transformation on the gateway, trunk or device pool, if you have your gateway/trunk in a specific DP that is different than the DP used for devices.

The answer to your second question is a bit complex, as there are many nuances of how this works. But in general a setting that is later in the sequence of steps in regards to how the call routing process operates will have higher preference than anything earlier. The sort of exception to this is if you have transform on RP and RL/RG details level the transformation on the RP would change what is seen on the calling device display, but not what is sent forward to the service provider, that is by what you put into the RL/RG level.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your response it is working now 

But there is something I need to control, now I have two different masks that change the calling number based on the calling extension for external calls ( to PSTN) but when two internal Extensions call each other it is showing the number after the transform while I want the transformation works only for calls going to PSTN, if the call is internally(extension to extension) I want the displayed number is 4 digits of the extension.

Is there solution for this?

Thanks.

If you want to have the translation apply on external calls only you need to assign the CSS that holds the transformations to the gateway/trunk.

If the transformations is affecting internal calls you likely have assigned the transformations CSS to either the device pool and you use the same DP on the devices and gateway/trunk or to the devices.

Response Signature