Views
Helpful
Replies

Change display name in Jabber IM and P

ivanovpesho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

We recently migrated Jabber from cloud to on premise to offer some improved features to our clients - AD integration, persistent chat rooms, offline messaging, etc.

After migrating on prem, we pushed an updated contact list for all users, in which they show up divided by department. This was done through CIMP Administration->Bulk Administration->Contact list -> update contact list.

However, we have a few users that ended up with wrong display names in the Jabber client (all other information is correct). This was because our imported contact list had wrong entries for these user's display name.

We are looking into fixing this, and wondering if anyone has information how to do this. We were told that there is not way to Bulk delete a user from all the jabber users, or to update their display name.

Anyone with different opinion? Is there any sql command that can do this on the server?

Thanks,

Petar

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately that is true, and most likely you're still getting the wrong info since it's in cache.

If they reset Jabber, or delete the cache, they will pull the new information from LDAP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks for the reply Jaime. i can't find any trace of "display name" cached on the client. The closest i got is finding DirectoryRSCache file under the user's Jabber profile. All other ldap information is there, but no trace of "display name"

It's possible to edit the display name directly on the jabber client manually, but it will affect only the user that edited the field. If I find a way to edit this on one client, I can create a script a push it to all affected clients. I was hoping to find a way to do this on the CUCM via query, if that's an option

Any thoughts?

CUCM has nothing to do with that, and I don't think you can simply change the cached info, I've never seen anyone do that, you would be on your own trying to do that as we have no instructions or support for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate