cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Codian 4500 MCU Streaming clients being clipped

david.sharp
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco 4505 which we are running in HD mode and we are hosting conferences with DX80's in a 16:9 format.

The issue we are seeing is that when we add a unicast stream participant to the conference the image is being cropped it appears the image is an 11:9 image rather than 16:9.

Is anyone aware of why this is the case or if there is a method where we can force the streaming participants to view in 16:9

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals
2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can't find any information on the supported resolutions for the built-in streaming for MCUs.

Does the stream ever show as 16:9, or does it always show a smaller resolution regardless of the connected endpoints?

What resolution do you have the video size set to under Conferences > Stream?

Don't know if it has any affect on streaming conferences, but you might want to also look at what the transmitted video resolutions is set to under Settings > Conferences.

Hi Patrick

Many thanks for your response.

We have checked the resolution in the global setting and forced it to transmit in 16:9 but that made no difference.

We've also checked the video size under the advanced options when starting the stream where you have the options between small, medium, large, extra large. The resolution does change but the aspect ration always seems to remain cropped down the edges.

As far as i am aware the aspect radio has always been cropped, it is as if the streaming only supports 11:9.

I've done some digging myself and found

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/conferencing/telepresence-mcu-4203/112347-pqa-112347-00.html

where there is a line that states that there are consequences to streaming if you use the bridge for HD and then advises to look in the help files, i have searched the help files for details relating to this but find nothing. I've been wondering if the consequence is indeed the cropped image, just trying to find some clarification as to what the expected behaviour on the bridge should be.

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals