Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 10.6.1 for Windows "Certificate not valid"

walshliam
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning, 

Jabber 10.6.1 on Windows 7, getting the "Certificate not Valid" after accepting the certificates. Any ideas? 

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you actually see the certs in the certmgr???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jabber has two Certificates in the Enterprise trust folder, I've also copied them into the Trusted Root Certificates folder. 

Chow Dao Kun
Level 1
Level 1

I m having the same issue on Jabber 10.6

it only happen on certain user.

try re-install to Jabber 10.5, it works.

Chow Dao Kun
Level 1
Level 1

i found the solution on other thread. It works for me

hope it solve it for you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12434491/jabber-106-invalid-certificate-issue

Unfortunately I had already tried this. FIPS was already disabled. Thanks Anyway.

bluck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since this was the second link in Google when searching for Jabber "Certificate not valid", I wanted to add my solution. In my case I'm using SSO, and this error pops up after manually accepting all certificates and logging into the SSO page. I also verified the PC wasn't in FIPS mode (solution below), and verified all certs were valid other than the root CA not trusted, but they were manually accepted anyway. Tried rebooting Windows and IM&P to no avail. The final solution was to restart the "Cisco XCP Router" service on IM&P.

Serviceability > Tools > Control Center - Network Services > Cisco XCP Router

For whatever reason, the XCP Router on IM&P was not initializing the connection from Jabber correctly (missing a "start tls" command in the STREAM stanza) and Jabber errors out with this message. It doesn't really have anything to do with certs. Restarting the XCP Router did the trick.