Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 9.7 Embedded Tab - IE rendering engine

Hello,

i have upgraded Cisco Jabber to Version 9.7.0 from Version 9.2.4 (on Windows 8.1 with IE11), but i have problems with my embedded tab:

Cisco Jabber 9.7.0 uses IE rendering engine Version 7 instead of Version 9, so my embedded tab would not work properly (Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap etc.).

Cisco Documentation:

"The client uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine to display the content of the embedded tab. For this reason, you can specify any content that Internet Explorer supports. Note Cisco Jabber for Windows supports Internet Explorer version 9 or earlier. The client uses Internet Explorer in version 9 mode if a later version is on the workstation." (JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97.pdf )

Is there any reason why cisco jabber is using rendering engine 7 instead of 9?

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Have you found an answer for this? My customer is experience the same issue I believe. The PNG files have reset to the default images for the embedded tabs. Only change was to go from Jabber 9.2 to 9.7

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Have you found an answer for this? My customer is experience the same issue I believe. The PNG files have reset to the default images for the embedded tabs. Only change was to go from Jabber 9.2 to 9.7

Thanks

>Have you found an answer for this?

No, sorry.

Possible its a bug in Cisco Jabber 9.7.

BR Alex

Last info we received from our TAC:

Presently the Jabber Business Unit has involved the Developers on it and they are looking into it. Will keep you posted as soon as I will receive any feedback from them.

I also will update this conversation :). 

Update: There's now a BugID for this case: : CSCup56498    Jabber windows using IE rendering Engine 7 instead of 9 for custom tab

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: