Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber ad hoc group chat problem

Rune Stene
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We have a problem with group chat (not persistent rooms).

The group chat starts ok, but as soon someone tries to write in the group they get kicket out of the group chat when pressing <enter> . And the people left in the chat do not see their message, only info about that they left the group.

The problem was on version 10.6 and 10.7, and is still on version 11.7.0. This has never worked for our users.

If everyone in the the group chat is a Group Chat System Adminstrator it is working just fine. So this leads me to think it is a user right that are missing, but I have not found any place that sets this.

Can anyone help?

//rune 

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd start by reviewing the settings under the group chat config in IM&P as you might have this configured to require a higher level of privileges to send messages to the rooms.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This is NOT persistent chat. Alle the rooms are working just fine. Afaik the settings you mention are for persistent chat only, or am I wrong?

The problem is when someone marks multiple contacts in Jabber and rightclick Start group chat.

The group chat starts ok, but as soon someone tries to write in the group they get kicket out of the group chat when pressing <enter> . And the people left in the chat do not see their message, only info about that they left the group.

//rune

Hi!

We have exactly the same issue!

Chat rooms are working fine, but ad-hoc group chat is not working - except if you add the user as a Persistent Chat room administrator.

Any suggestions or which Logfiles should give us some more information?

Edit: We opend a TAC Case

Kind regards,

DrM

Hi.

Did opening a TAC Case solve your problem? Can't find any bug report on it yet.

Guess we need to open a TAC Case as well.

//rune

Hi.

Did TAC manage to resolve your problem?

//rune

Hi again.

We opened a TAC Case and now this is working for us.

The solution was quite simple, and Jaime was on the right track. But I find the parameter involved has a bad name/description.

This is what we did to fix it : 

Logged inn to  IM and Presence Admin and under Messaging > Group Chat and Persistent Chat
Find Moderated Room Settings and make sure the parameter "Rooms are moderated by default" is disabled.

//rune

We suffer the very same problem with Jabber4W, if an adhoc group chat is created only the creator can send messages to that group chat, as soon as one of the participants sends something that particiular participant leaves the room by sending the message also the message is never displayed in that group chat.

Cisco sometimes provides features that do not meet the expections of users, don't know if this is works as designed :? as no document revelas that actually every user in a adhoc group chat can send messages...

https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-9560

https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-9588

I guess the last working as expected version was something 9.6x but can't say for sure.

I'm curious that there is no bug I can find on this..., if anyone can share additional information on this matter I would totally appreciate it :)

Cheers

Thanks Rune Stene! The mentioned setting was checked in our settings after unchecking it adhoc group chat started working again.

IM&P Admin GUI

Messageing

Group Chat and Persistent Chat Settings
    Moderated Room Settings
        Rooms are moderated by default [have this unchecked as of default]