Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Contact Preferred Phone Number

I have a question I have an environment that are running  UC 11.0 (CUCM + IMP + CUC) I have users with multiple extensions from LDAP when I dial from the client it give me a list with all of this extensions and the users have to choos which one to dial,what I want to do is to set up one of this extension as the preferred extension and in case the user need to dial different extension he/she can then choose from this list.

Is it possible to accomplish this configuration on windows and mobile clients?

Regards,,,,

3 Replies 3

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i believe this can not be achieved as jabber itself is design to populate all phone field of a contact when click on phone icon. there was an enhancement bug which i found but it is in closed state and quite old. bug is internal so not visible. if this is urgent for you i would request you to contact your SE/AM to get an enhancement defect opened.

Thanks Varundeep

Karim,

What type of directory connection you have; BDI, EDI or UDS? The parameters and attribute mappings for BDI is located under Application > Client Settings within Presence. The parameters/attributes for EDI is determined by the jabber-config.xml file. You can add/edit/remove parameters or attributes to obtain your desired layout. The parameters/attributes for UDS is determined by CUCM, under the LDAP Directory settings. You can change some of these attributes but UDS is somewhat limited - compared to EDI.

If you're using EDI, then you can add the following parameters to the jabber-config.xml file;

<BusinessPhone> ? </BusinessPhone>

<OtherPhone> ? </OtherPhone>

<HomePhone> ? </HomePhone>

<MobilePhone> ? </MobilePhone>

***Replace the ? with valid LDAP attributes.

By default, Jabber uses the BusinessPhone parameter which is displayed as 'Work' under the contact card. When you click [Call], the number listed under 'Work' should be listed first. If you advertise multiple numbers for users, you can't prefer one number over another without selecting that number from the [Call] drop-down menu. However, if you don't need multiple numbers for users - then you can map these parameters to unused attributes - thereby removing them from Jabber. As a result, you would only have 1 number listed for each user; BusinessPhone aka Work, and by clicking [Call]... it would then, automatically dial this number.

-Mark