Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber decline option without voicemail enabled

ziqex
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am looking for the easy solution to get decline option working for Cisco Jabber for accounts that don't have active voicemail service. Cisco Jabber Version 14.0.1.55914 Build 305914 

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

3 Replies 3

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use the "NoVoiceMail" voicemail profile, or configure a profile that uses an empty pilot. Jabber will display "ignore" for that line instead of decline. In later versions of Jabber this, I believe, causes the client to send back a Busy instead of just letting the box disappear. <None> otherwise uses the system default, which will send the call over to a voicemail system - if that's what is configured.

Thanks for the info.

We have created a Dummy VM Profile No VM but you have to press ignore 3 times before the call will go away.

Is there an any way to have single ignore press to work?

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

In my case with this, it is how the call is being signaled back to the PSTN gateway.

In my case the decline button sends back:

SIP/2.0 480 Temporarily Not Available

The CUBE hunts to another dial peer back into the UCM. It eventually then releases the call (ISDN) with no cause other than normal clearing, which causes the provider to re-present the call.

You'd want to look at the SIP messaging that's coming from the trunk to your gateway, and then see if you need to map that cause code to another action.

I need to address this in my own deployment, so I'll see if I can find the solution.