Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Mac not showing Zoom as an Audio Output option

AlexPs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community, 

I am experiencing some issues using Cisco on my Macbook Pro. 

We are training some new staff at my work. In order to do so we create a Zoom meeting and have the new staff listen in to calls through Cisco Jabber (which is also routed to Cisco Finesse). 

My colleagues who are using PC can do this fine, however when I attempt this, the attendees in the zoom meeting aren't able to hear the caller on the other line, only myself speaking. I think it has something to do with the Audio preferences. 

In my preferences my only options are the built in output and my headset (picture below), while my other PC user colleagues have the option of Zoom and Microsoft Teams. Other applications on my computer have Zoom and Teams as an audio interface, just not Cisco  

My Cisco is up to date and, as far as I know, the permissions within my MAC system prefs are ticked for Jabber. 

Has anyone had any experience with this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlexPs
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE: 

Have created an Aggregate device on my Audio MIDI setup pictured below. After restarting my computer, Jabber shows Aggregate Device as an Audio option and others can now listen in on these calls through zoom and teams. 

Instructions for Mac users if you require this: 

• Open 'Audio MIDI Setup'. Select  'Window' > 'Show Audio Devices'. 
  • Create a new device with the '+' button at the bottom left. Select Aggregate Device. 
  • Tick Teams, Zoom, whichever platform you're having meetings on. 
  • Order it (at the top where it says 'subdevices') so your zoom/teams is first, then Headset second mic and speaker is also selected. Do this by dragging devices left to right. 
  • Restart computer
  • Select Aggregrate device on Cisco Jabber as audio output ONLY WHEN IN MEETINGS. Use headset as per normal when taking calls. 

Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Never seen or heard of an option to select Teams nor Zoom as the audio option in any application(s). Would you mind to please share the screenshots of this from a PC and other applications on your Mac?

Response Signature

Sure thing. I'll try and contact my team mates who might have them soon, but i've definitely seen it before. I'm also open to it being a different issue, basically just need zoom or teams meeting attendees to be able to hear caller. Have attached screenshots of my Mac's Teams, Zoom and Ableton (music software) audio settings. 

Not sure how you got these to show up, I don't seem to have any of them on my computer. Likely you might have done some specific configuration to get these to show up as virtual sound devices on your computer. I hope someone else can give you a hand with this.

Response Signature

No worries! Thanks for giving it some time Roger  

I'm with Roger, that is not a default option in any OS, using other apps as input or output devices is not default, only actual audio devices for input or output show up in the list.

In one of your screenshots you can clearly see a (virtual) mention at the end of zoom, and one aggregate device which says 4 in, 6 out, that would hint to me you're using some kind of virtual audio card in which someone configured applications to be used as virtual input or outputs, in many of them you can mix several input/output devices into a single input/output device.

I would suggest you work with your IT department on this and take a look at what you have installed that would enable this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey Jamie! 

Thanks so much for the response. 

I don't think I've ever installed anything on my computer, so it could be a Mac thing? I know that when at music school, while screensharing on Zoom (with audio share ticked) with my tutors, the only way I can output Ableton Software audio is to have its output set to Zoom virtual, so the teachers could listen through zoom, and that was known around the class. 

Again i'm not completely confident that this is the issue unfortunately. Just trying to figure it out. Have contacted my IT department and they weren't able to help either. One of them thought it could have had something to do with 'Exchange' not being ticked in Accounts settings (picture below). We tried working through this to have it enabled and even had no luck with not. So i'm thinking it might just be incompatible in some aspects with Macs. 

The aggregrate device is something I recently made in my Audio settings on my computer in an attempt to get it to show on Audio settings, I'll attach that below as well. I combined Zoom, Built in output and Teams into one device, but no luck. 

Not sure if it could have something to do with the calls coming through Finesse while being linked to that application?

AlexPs
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE: 

Have created an Aggregate device on my Audio MIDI setup pictured below. After restarting my computer, Jabber shows Aggregate Device as an Audio option and others can now listen in on these calls through zoom and teams. 

Instructions for Mac users if you require this: 

• Open 'Audio MIDI Setup'. Select  'Window' > 'Show Audio Devices'. 
  • Create a new device with the '+' button at the bottom left. Select Aggregate Device. 
  • Tick Teams, Zoom, whichever platform you're having meetings on. 
  • Order it (at the top where it says 'subdevices') so your zoom/teams is first, then Headset second mic and speaker is also selected. Do this by dragging devices left to right. 
  • Restart computer
  • Select Aggregrate device on Cisco Jabber as audio output ONLY WHEN IN MEETINGS. Use headset as per normal when taking calls. 

Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: