Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Windows - adding new buddy

Hi

When I try to add a buddy from our internal directory, it doesn't work. For a short time the new buddy is in the buddylist and then flush .... never see again. In CUP Presence Viewer you see also no buddy more.

When open UPC 8.5.x then it works perfectly. If both (Jabber and UPC) started, adding new buddy in !!!Jabber!!!! and in UPC is it there. Jabber doesn't no anything of this buddy.

If now! The new buddy logs into UPC or Jabber by itself... it would be shown in the buddylist of the Jabber-Client at all the time. But the other guy must logged in by himself.

1) File -> new -> contact

2) Searching someone

3) Define Group

4) Add

External buddies works... added it to the list and they stay there.

Here a cut off the error report.

thx for every help phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

Do any of your user names contain a space by chance?  Because I'm seeing similar behavior and I've tracked it down to user names (and thus IM Addresses) that contain spaces basically totally break Cisco Jabber, but CUPC 8.5.5 works fine with them. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

bill.roland
Level 1
Level 1

Do any of your user names contain a space by chance?  Because I'm seeing similar behavior and I've tracked it down to user names (and thus IM Addresses) that contain spaces basically totally break Cisco Jabber, but CUPC 8.5.5 works fine with them.