cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Windows always shows "Away"

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

Cisco Jabber for Windows (9.0.1, CUPS 8.6.4, UCM 8.6.2, Exchange 2010) always shows status as "Away" for one user. Others seem to be working correctly showing "one the phone", "in a meeting", etc. Tried reinstalling client with no change. If you manually change to "Available", it changes right back to "Away". Anyone have an idea where to look (registry, logs, etc.)?

6 Replies 6

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you authenticate as a different user on the same PC, do they have the same symptoms?  Basically we want to track down if the issue is with the PC or the user.

For the logs, if you go to Help > Report a Problem it will scan the system and gather all relevant log files for you and compress them in a zip file.  Then inside that zip file you could investigate around the timeframe the problem happened to gain more context.

Todd Volz
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same problem.  I haven't tried a different user to login on the same machine, but I did try closing my client on my primary machine (exited) and then logged in on a different computer with a fresh Jabber for Windows install. 

I am running Jabber for Windows Version 9.0.2 Build 9453 on windows 7 64bit primarily, and Windows XP as the second test.  Running CUPS 8.6.4 in HA over WAN cluster mode with CUCM 7.1.5 and Unity Connection 8.5.1 ES 16.

Phone presence information does still flow through when I pick up my phone hand set my status changes from Away to On a Call.

When I check the presence diagnostic test for my user, it also reports that I am away.

I found my problem:

My Cisco Cius was also signed into the IM service and it looks like it take precedence over the Jabber for Windows client.  Once I shutdown the Jabber client on the Cius the Presence information started working as expected again.

Thanks - I had the same issue and turns out same resolution.

-Kyle

Any update regarding the aboved case, am facing thesame Jabber issue.

Pls keep us inform for any development.

kyleortman
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, but mine only happens when I lock my PC, and come back in.

It sets me to Meeting.

I've removed all my custom status', and it's still doing it.