Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for windows customization

vikas-wankhede
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is it possible to customize Cisco Jabber for windows settings as below,

1) We dont want to allow all Cisco jabber for window clients to use file transfer feature, so is it possible to block this feature for specific users ?

2) Is it possible to block video desktop sharing for specific user. Please note these users may use video calling but desktop sharing should not work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Vikas W

6 Replies 6

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vikas,

1) We dont want to allow all Cisco jabber for window clients to use file  transfer feature, so is it possible to block this feature for specific  users ?

• Yes, you can create a group configuration file and specify the file transfer restriction in a policy attribute in configuration file as below:

false

Please check the section Create group configuration of the Jabber for Windows admin guide on how to create this file.

2) Is it possible to block video desktop sharing for specific user.  Please note these users may use video calling but desktop sharing should  not work.

• Yes, desktop sharing can be enabled for devices for individual users or a group of users using bulk administration tool. Refer to the section Configure video desktop sharing of the Jabber for Windows admin guide for details.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thanks Maqsood.

I will try this & hopefully it should work.

One more question why Cisco Jabber for Windows or Client Service Framework dosen't support FAC ?

If i say CMC/FAC is not supported on SIP then how come it is supported on Cisco 3905 IP phone which is again a SIP phone ?

Thanks.

Vikas,

FAC/CMC is on the Jabber for Windows backlog. This feature will be available in a future release (no schedule available yet).

I don't know the answer to the second part of your question. Someone on the community might know the answer.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Is there an update on when Jabber for Windows (or iOS or Android for that matter) will support FAC/CMC?  I have a customer looking to deploy Jabber for Everyone widescale with softphone.  Not having FAC is a huge limiting factor.

Matthew Berry | Solutions Architect, CCIE #26721 (Voice) World Wide Technology, Inc. | +1 612-219-0040 PS Engineering: Innovate & Ignite

Hi,

Can the file transfer be restricted to a certain file size?

Hi,

There is no policy_parameter available to restrict the size of file transfer.

FAC/CMC support is being targetted for Jabber for Windows 9.5 release which is expected in the first half of 2013 (release schedule being worked).

Thanks,

Maqsood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: