Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Logged time history

ivpere0032
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people,

I need your help to verify if it´s any way to find the time that an user has been logged on jabber in a period of time.

Thanks !

Regards,

Iván

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can get some data like the last time they logged in, but that's only the last time, you'd need to parse through IM&P traces and look for login/logout info to get that kind of data over a certain period of time

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUPS/IM%26P_FAQ

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

That is just as with any other endpoint in CUCM, if it shows none, is that either it has been more than 24 hours since it became unregistered, or it has never been registered.

Users could be logging in as IM only, or they might have problems with their Jabber device in CUCM, and that's why it doesn't show as registered. Or they could log from another Jabber client for which you don't have a device in CUCM, for example they have a CSF device, but login via their Android or iPhone devices.

I'm afraid that right now, IM&P doesn't provide any native reporting capabilities for any of that, best you can get, are the queries I have in my wiki or parse the logs for the info.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can get some data like the last time they logged in, but that's only the last time, you'd need to parse through IM&P traces and look for login/logout info to get that kind of data over a certain period of time

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUPS/IM%26P_FAQ

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime

Hi Jaime, i found the last login with your information. It was great !

But how we could take the last log out?

Because we have users who logged 20 days ago and continue logged in.

Thanks !!

Ivan

I don't believe that would be available anywhere besides the traces.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime for the answer.

I found the status registered/no registered and none in call manager. Do you know the information about none on jabbers ? the information that i searched said:

"Cisco is saying that soft clients will also go into 'None' status after 
having been un-registered for 24 hours. "

But there are users online in jabber whith the status none in call manager.

The ideia is to make a report of use and know the people who don´t use the software.

Thank you !

Ivan

That is just as with any other endpoint in CUCM, if it shows none, is that either it has been more than 24 hours since it became unregistered, or it has never been registered.

Users could be logging in as IM only, or they might have problems with their Jabber device in CUCM, and that's why it doesn't show as registered. Or they could log from another Jabber client for which you don't have a device in CUCM, for example they have a CSF device, but login via their Android or iPhone devices.

I'm afraid that right now, IM&P doesn't provide any native reporting capabilities for any of that, best you can get, are the queries I have in my wiki or parse the logs for the info.

HTH

java

Thanks again Jaime.

Hi Jamie,

The information and the link that you provided in the post was very useful for me. I am working on a project where I need to report on the jabber login duration. Using the link, I am able to get the login times. However I am struggling to get the logout time. Since the last post in this conversation is of 12/2016, Can you let me know if its possible now to get jabber logout time from CUCM ? I need your help in determining the jabber login duration.

Hi Jamie,

The information and the link that you provided in the post was very useful for me. I am working on a project where I need to report on the jabber login duration. Using the link, I am able to get the login times. However I am struggling to get the logout time. Since the last post in this conversation is of 12/2016, Can you let me know if its possible now to get jabber logout time from CUCM ? I need your help in determining the jabber login duration.

-Gurudatt

Hi,

for IM&P version 12.5.1.10000-22, the AuditApp log already provides this information

LogMessage UserID

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: