cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco jabber telepresence future ...

tec cou
Level 1
Level 1

hello, what is the future of telepresence jabber? that will be able to do? I've seen out therethat there is a beta of 4.4 ..........

5 Replies 5

aostense
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  Alejandro,

Cisco Jabber Video for Telepresence (Movi) version 4.4 will shortly be released from Cisco. This version includes pretty much only bug fixes.

If we identify any more bugs after this version, a final version of the client as we know it today, will probably be released (4.5).

Jabber will in the future come in various flavors:

-    Jabber Enterprise (With TMS or StarterPack)

-    Jabber for Free (Cisco hosted free service - https://www.ciscojabbervideo.com still in Beta)

-    Jabber Callway

Jabber will also be released for Apple iPad2 pretty soon.

Hope this helps,

Arne

Thanks Arne, get impatient because .....

There is possibility to modify the executable jabber, to preset the internal and externalVCS and domain name so that the user does not have to put those data, or modify them.Something similar to version 4.4, which, when installed automatically the internal VCS is defined and I can not change it. can be done in 4.3?

Hi Alejandro,

To prevent end users to modify the internal/external VCS and domain, you can edit the registry DWORD “HideAdvancedLogin” to “1” (will be grayed out). If this is set to “0”, you will be able to edit these settings. This can be done in all Movi versions after 2.0.

To install Movi with these settings, please take a look at the Movi administrator guide (page 10):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/movi/admin_guide/Movi_Administrator_Guide_4-2.pdf

E.g.: MoviSetup.exe /s /v"/qn DOMAIN=example.com HIDEADVANCEDLOGIN=1"

Hope this helps,

Arne

write this line in pront:

JabberVideoSetup4.3.exe /s /v"/qn DOMAIN=example.com HIDEADVANCEDLOGIN=1"

But installing the exe and does not change anything, I'm doing wrong?

s.fala
Level 1
Level 1

When is the Cisco Jabber v4.5 expected to be released?

Where can I find out the subscription offerings and available service plans once the beta program is ended?