cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber v. 10.5.0 Build 37889

shaun.uran
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco Jabber v.10.5.0 (Build 37889) offer a "View Conversation History" feature as did v. 8.5.1.17660-6.1.34?

This is a critical feature that I'm unable to locate in the 10.5.0 version. Am I overlooking the location of the "View Conversation History" feature?

Thank you,

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Community Feedback Forum is dedicated to "Tell us your opinions, suggestions, concerns, and feedback on the new Cisco Support Community". You are off-topic here, don't expect a valuable response. Please delete the thread here (big red button on top) and recreate it in proper community according specific Cisco technology or solution in question. Consider Jabber Clients ...

Thank you.

I apologize for the mix-up.

Your "big red button" description was a bit condescending and insensitive...consider your color perception deficient audience as well.

Thank you.

So many people have developed selective blindness because of top-page banners, so they doesn't recognize any text above the title. I got several responses "There's no delete button on the page" in the past. Even with this detailed description of color and location on page some people are unable to delete the off topic thread.

I'm surprised that this attempt to kind help can be recognized as condescending and insensitive. Be sure my intention has been to help you. Sorry for bad feeling I caused to you.

Updated on Mar 26: Thread has been moved to more appropriate forum by moderator.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There was no Jabber version before 9.x, I'm guessing you're referring to CUPC

In Jabber all you get (if configured and enabled) are the last 99 messages from each conversation, you simply click on the user's name to open up the conversation window and they'll show up.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Shaun-

I don't recall if this was in 10.5, but it is in 10.6.  You can edit the jabber-config-defualts.xml file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber and update the EnableAutosave element to TRUE:  

<userConfig name="EnableAutosave" value="TRUE"/>

After that is completed your conversations will live in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MyJabberChats as HTML files.

If you want to get really crazy you can also have the conversations pushed to exchange:

<!-- Exchange -->
  <userConfig name="EnableSaveChatHistoryToExchange" value="TRUE"/>
  <userConfig name="ExchangeAuthenticateWithSystemAccount" value="TRUE"/>
  <userConfig name="archive_im_on_exchange" value="TRUE"/>

If you update this the conversations will be placed into the folder in Outlook called "Cisco Jabber Chats"

The conversation will be saved / sent to Exchange once you close the chat session.  You will need to restart jabber before the changes take effect.

Again- I'm not certain if these features are in 10.5 or if Cisco will even provide support for them, but I have them both set up and so far they are working great.  The only issue I have found is if you kill the Jabber application any chat that hasn't been saved will be lost.  Not a big deal, but something to be aware of.

DJ