cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber

npsingh79
Level 1
Level 1

Recently installed Cisco Jabber (IM & Presence) in MZ and expressway in DMZ. Two services are configured Instant messaging and Phone services (CUCM integration). Now we want to use Cisco Jabber as instant messaging tool for our Corporate employee with feature instant messaging, camera photogph sharing from jabber app, video file transfer through app.

How to do that.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To clarify that, he can do AUDIO conferences with the SW CFB from CUCM, or HW CFB. 

What he CANNOT do are VIDEO conferences without CMS or other video CFB. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Not sure what you ask for? You say that you already have Jabber IM setup, so what is it that you need help with?

Response Signature

Hi,

Further to clarify, I have been able to configure IM, but other features as available in Cisco jabber i.e. desktop sharing,conferencing etc not configured yet. Spoken to Cisco guy, they said for this we need to purchase separate solution Cisco meeting server(CMS) is required.

My question is whether Cisco jabber license is not enough to configure IM, Phone services, desktop sharing, Conferencing

You can do everything, except conference. For that you need something additional.

Response Signature

To clarify that, he can do AUDIO conferences with the SW CFB from CUCM, or HW CFB. 

What he CANNOT do are VIDEO conferences without CMS or other video CFB. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes your absolutely correct Java. I assumed that what he was after as CMS was mentioned.

Thanks for adding additional details.

Response Signature