cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting App: WebRTC vs. Native App

TheoEconomides
Level 1
Level 1

I'm interested in finding out what others are doing regarding using the native CMA app versus the WebRTC version, including what folks who've been using the native app in their enterprise for a while think about switching to WebRTC.

Here are some of the questions I have:

1) Does your choice of using one versus the other have anything to do with whether the user is inside your firewall or not?

2) Are there any significant differences in the feature set between the two which make you opt for one over the other?

3) Are you using CMA (either version) to connect to CMS coSpaces? Directly to other endpoints?

4) Are you using Expressway for CMA firewall traversal, as opposed to having CMA connections go directly to CMS?  If I recall, this is a feature of a recent release of Expressway (in a CUCM environment), right?

5) Cisco guys: Is the native app going to be deprecated in favor of the WebRTC version?

Any other thoughts about the different ways of using the two versions, or recommendations for deployment would be cool, too.

Thanks, all!

1 Reply 1

TheoEconomides
Level 1
Level 1
Also - if you use Jabber for video connections in your environment, how do you compare its quality & ease of use to CMA?