Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Mobile for iPhone & iOS 5

Hi all,

Will Cisco Mobile 8.1.2 support iOS 5?

Regards,

Shinnosuke Takeda

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

27 Replies 27

Thank you. Enable user editing workaround works fine on all iOS 5.

The enabling "Allow End User Configuration Editing" in Call Manager works for ios5; this basically brings you back to the workaround for ios 4. Thanks!

it-licenses
Level 1
Level 1

From the testing I have done on an iPhone 4 and iPad, the app appears to function just fine, provided you had the app fully setup before the upgrade to IOS 5.  The only problem I have noticed on both devices is the Apple native on-screen keyboard does not work.  This is a problem when setting a the application for the first time since you can't enter passwords. Has anyone else observed this problem?

Yes the same problem here. iPhone4 works fine. iPhone5 Mobile8.1 cannot enter password when setting up. I tested on several phones. All of these phones were upgraded from 4. Have you found the solution?

We have not found a workaround/solution.  I think we have to wait for Cisco to release an update to the app to fix the problem.  I don't know how to go about filing a bug report.  I'm hoping Cisco will see this thread and work on a fix.

copywritten1981
Level 1
Level 1

New update 8.1.2.1 came out some time last week but it did not fix any of these issues...  

This was a very minor update.  We are working on an extensive update that will address all of these issues.

What's the ETA? This is probably impacting a lot of businesses. All new IPhones come pre-installed with IOS5 so there really isn't a work around. 

Target posting date to App store is December 7th.

Do you think that release will come out today? 

We have posted to the App Store and are awaiting approval.

Karin

Cisco Jabber update was release last night... Thanks 

We tested this update and it is working.

We did as well...all devices came up with no issues