Views
Helpful
Replies

CSF device name too long

cb12345678
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a funny issue - I have a user with a long userid in CUCM ('aaaaaaaaaaa960'), so their CSF device name should be 'CSFaaaaaaaaaaa960').

Thing is CUCM (9.1.2SU[1]) doesn't want to allow this device name because it is too long.

Can anyone suggest a resolution for this (I can't change the userid unfortunately)???

Thankyou very much in advance.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll have to just use a truncated form of the userID, i.e. miss the first few or last few letters (whichever are least significant).

Or use a different ID string for the device names generally.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The CUCM database has rules limiting device names to 15 characters.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The thumb rule and recommendation is CSF + username, but that's not mandatory, you can simply use something else, or as the other said, simply truncate it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You'll have to just use a truncated form of the userID, i.e. miss the first few or last few letters (whichever are least significant).

Or use a different ID string for the device names generally.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks very much everyone.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

The CUCM database has rules limiting device names to 15 characters.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The thumb rule and recommendation is CSF + username, but that's not mandatory, you can simply use something else, or as the other said, simply truncate it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate