Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM APNS certificates and Cloud Onboarding setup

AVITYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have CUCM version 12.5.1.10000-22 and I'm trying to get Push Notifications working.
Following the guide I got stuck and need an assistance, good advise or someone to point me what I'm doing wrong.
Guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/push_notifications/cucm_b_push-notifications-deployment-guide.html

For on-premises deployment, I tried both, manually adding certificates (CI Service and Cisco Webex) and setting Cisco to manage Cisco Cloud Service CA certificates those are required, and can't get it to work. CUCM has internet connection and I'm most probably missing something simple here.

When adding certificates, I simply copy and past CA into notepad and save it as crt/cer and add it to CU OS Administration / Certificate management. When I've added certificates manually and tried to enable push notification, I got the following error/warning "Push Notification Settings cannot be configured as a valid certificate is not present in trust store". I've tried restarting Tomcat service, didn't get any further. 

Please find all details within attached photos.
Thank you very much in advance for your time and assistance.

Petar

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

how did you verify, that CUCM has really internet connection?
Did you check the corresponding APNS logs?

I've used cli (photo attached) to check connectivity to google dns (8.8.8.8).

I can't get it enabled at all, hence no logs are available.

Which test did your perform? Ping or DNS lookup? (There is not photo attached)
Just because Ping works, doesn't mean all the necessary connections towards the Cisco cloud work. There could be a FW per default allowing Ping, but blocking everything else. Don't just make assumptions, based on one simple network test.

As you are using CUCM 12.5 with Smart licensing enabled, how did you configure the connection details for Smart Licensing? CUCM needs internet connection for this, but maybe there is a proxy configured to use for outgoing connections. Check the configure there.

Just because you couldn't enable the function, doesn't mean automatically mean, there are no logs for that service.

Hi Winter,

I did use both, ping and DNS lookup to test internet connection and considering out smart license configuration is set to "Direct - product communicates directly with Cisco licensing servers.", I assumed internet connection is OK.

You are right, there is firewall in our setup (Kerio) and there's no rule applied that could be causing issues with CUCM. 

Excuse my questions and presumption on logs, I'm here to ask for assistance just because I can't figure it on my own, otherwise I wouldn't be asking. I'd appreciate if you could advise where and how I can find APNS logs in this case.

Thank you

As I assume smart licensing is working and you said, that the FW isn't doing any problems, then I guess the internet connection should be ok.

I hope, you have enabled the service at all too.

In RTMT there is a specific log section for Push Notification.
You can try to enable the service again and then download and check the logs via RTMT:

bwinter_0-1665741031871.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: