Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP UPC and Jabber IM

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i'm trying to setup a lab environment for testing the jabber IM client for IPhone and BlackBerry.

I've setup a CUCM 8.5 integrated with a CUP 8.5 and few users configured. Any user have a 79xx phone and the personal communicator 8.5. All seems to work fine: users can login with the personal communicator, chat, call others users, make video calls and control the deskphone. The problem is with the jabber client for IPhone and BlackBerry, when a user makes login to the presence server with the jabber IM client, all personal communicator users are put offline from the chat and they can only use the voip functionality.

Example 1:

User A: Personal communicator

User B: Personal communicator

User C: Personal communicotor

in the example 1 all works fine.

Example 2:

User A: Personal communicator

User B: Personal communicator

User C: Jabber IM IPhone

in the example 2, when user C logout from the personal communicator and login with the Jabber IM, user C become online but user A and user B go offline.

Any idea about the reason?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey,

It seems to be an issue with CUPC version you are using. Please upgrade to the latest CUPC 8.6(1) and test again.

I've had similar report from another customer and upgrading to the latest CUPC resolved the issue.

Let me know if you still have any issues afterwards.

Regards,

Jas

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Please check the below link and see if it helps.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2132053

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

Hi anchoudh,

in your link a can find information about the integration with the OCS but i can't find nothing about my problem. The problem that i've is about when a cisco presence user logout from the UPC and login with the jabber im for IPhone or Blackberry.

Hey,

It seems to be an issue with CUPC version you are using. Please upgrade to the latest CUPC 8.6(1) and test again.

I've had similar report from another customer and upgrading to the latest CUPC resolved the issue.

Let me know if you still have any issues afterwards.

Regards,

Jas

Hi Jas,

thanks for the reply. I've no updated the thread but the problem was solved after upgrade the UPC client.

Regards,

Christian.