Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Cluster - jabber not synchronised over servers

Asif Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have 2 CUPS server in our organization. Both are in same cluster and are synchronized with AD. Users connect to either one of the servers. the problem we are having is that users connecting to server1 can find all the contacts.

However, Users connecting to server2 seem to have intermittent problems in that they see other users as offline at times, and the issue fixes it self. Every one in there list is back online. To me it seems like a synch problem but I am not sure.

Help Appreciated. Thanks.

AK.

2 Replies 2

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-> Can you give a brief description of how the topology looks at your side?

-> Is there a firewall coming in between the two nodes; if yes please review the following ports and protocol list that needs to be looked into;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/port/9_0_1/CUCM_BK_T98E8963_00_tcp-port-usage-guide-90/CUCM_BK_T98E8963_00_tcp-port-usage-guide-90_chapter_010.html

-> Please check to see if the replication is doing good between the two nodes.

Hi Amit, Thanks fo rthe reply.

I checked the replication status and it looks good at the moment. At the time of checking, I was on the second server and I could connect fine with users in the first server.

I will try and check it when the issue actually occurs.

All ports between the two servers are open. They are on the same VLAN across a WAN link.

Let me wait and check again when the issue actually occurs. If you have any more inputs please drop them in.

Thanks

AK.