Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS integration with MS LYNC 2013

frenchd77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community 

Looking for some help with regards to our attempts to integrate CUPS with Lync 2013 so client can utilise IM and Presence only.

Some information regarding the setup
We have two companies who are in the process of merging,  company1 uses Lync 2013 and company2 uses CUPS/jabber
We have an internal network link between the two companies, so no federation via internet / EDGE services required
We are performing interdomain federation directly between LYNC front end servers and CUPS
The two companies use different SIP domains
The Lync deployment has 3 front end pools and same for the CUPS clusters (EMEA, USA , ASIA)

What we have today:
Following the interdomain federation documentation we have managed to achieve communications (IM and presence) between all Lync users and only the EMEA Jabber users. 
We are able to send IM's from Lync to USA cluster Jabber clients but they cannot reply. 
We have no connectivity at all between Lync and ASIA Jabber users. 

All communications from lync go via the EMEA cisco routing node.  Therefore we've exchange certificates only with the EMEA cisco servers and lync.   

I have a feeling that the problems getting LYNC talking to the USA and ASIA jabber users is down the lync configuraiton in particular with the trusted application pools.   the Cisco documentation is not very good  (for one its referring to OCS/ Lync 2010 - not 2013)

has anyone got this working ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

hi , I'm currently working on this between Lync 2010 and IMP 10.5 , would be interested in sharing issues , as I havent' quite got this working

I have  Lync 2010 connected to  1 10.5 IM&P server.

Presence doesn't work in either direction.

Lync 2010 user can't send chat to Jabber

Jabber can send chat to Lync 2010

Lync2010 can reply to Jabber Chat.

I believe this is down to the application computers not being authorised in Lync2010, still looking at this but not fixed yet.I think this may be something to do with your aswell

Our environment is complicated because on the Cisco side, we have 3 sets of CUPS servers (regional - APAC, USA, EMEA).    Ours works fine for EMEA but USA and ASIA not so good.

Would be good to share issues.   Are you open federated on Lync, we can connect?

send me a private message with your email address and I'll try you in lync

hi , not sure this will help you but we got to the bottom of our issues.

1.One Lync server had a cert issue in the pool.Easiest way to find this is to login with a Lync user connected to each front end server and run Lync Logging while trying to communicate with a jabber user.You should instantly see TLS errors in the Log.

2.The lync route "match uri" was wrong.I.e Lync didn't know where to route presence requests.This meant Jabber users could see Lync but not vice versa.