Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS rehost license error

danny.yf_li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

After deleting CWMS (admin vm and IRP) and re-deploying CWMS on the same ESXI server, I used the license rehost function on Cisco Licensing page and got new license for my CWMS. The new license failed to be uploaded onto CWMS. Please help. Thanks!!!!

Cheers

Danny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

Do you by any chance have the old license from the old system before it was rebuilt? Or at least the license request from the old system?

If you have any of those, you can open a ticket with the Licensing TAC to use the old license/request to find your licenses, and then you can provide them with the new license request from the new system so they can re-host the license for you.

If you don't have any of the old files, see if you can find the old PAK numbers for the licenses, and Licensing TAC will be able to rehost the licenses for you based on the PAK number and the license request from the new system.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

Do you by any chance have the old license from the old system before it was rebuilt? Or at least the license request from the old system?

If you have any of those, you can open a ticket with the Licensing TAC to use the old license/request to find your licenses, and then you can provide them with the new license request from the new system so they can re-host the license for you.

If you don't have any of the old files, see if you can find the old PAK numbers for the licenses, and Licensing TAC will be able to rehost the licenses for you based on the PAK number and the license request from the new system.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Thank you very much Dejan.

I will update the post if the problem was solved.

Cheers!!