Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS users managment question

danny.yf_li
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Our client want to integrate CUCM with CWMS only for synchronizing users with CUCM  but LDAP authentication is disabled. Is there any method to notify new users automatically when their CWMS account  are created ?  The "Automatically send out notification" feature is not found if LDAP authentication is disabled. Another question is if new users are imported to CWMS via LDAP  and LDAP authentication is disable, how should new users created their CWMS local password? Thanks!!

Danny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

Unfortunately, we don't have a feature built in CWMS to send e-mail notifications to newly imported users from CUCM unless LDAP Authentication is enabled. 

I filed an enhancement for this: CSCvb16166 User imported from CUCM doesn't get Welcome e-mail if LDAP Auth disabled

The only workaround is to advise the end users to go to WebEx Site URL, use Forgot your password link to have CWMS send them an e-mail with the Reset Password link. 

-Dejan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

Unfortunately, we don't have a feature built in CWMS to send e-mail notifications to newly imported users from CUCM unless LDAP Authentication is enabled. 

I filed an enhancement for this: CSCvb16166 User imported from CUCM doesn't get Welcome e-mail if LDAP Auth disabled

The only workaround is to advise the end users to go to WebEx Site URL, use Forgot your password link to have CWMS send them an e-mail with the Reset Password link. 

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan.  

I hope this get improved in future release. 

cheers

danny