cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deskpro running MS Teams will not register and can't be Factory Reset

bob-craig
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Desk Pro running RoomOS 11.15.1.6 which I've used for 18+ months for Google Meet and as a second monitor.  I recently switched to a new company who uses Teams so I reset the DeskPro and installed the native MS Teams support on it.  I attempted to register it with our company's Teams environment but it fails to register and doesn't give much information about why.  Our IT team doesn't have any experience with Desk Pros since I am bringing this as a personal device. In its current mode, I can't use it as a standalone monitor either.

To get it back to working I was going to Factory Reset it again but have found that a lot of the settings that were previously available to me before installing Teams support are now locked and require and administrative login to access them, including Factory Reset.  However, I never had an admin username/password before (and didn't need it) and have no idea what it may have been set to.  Since the setup of Teams never succeeded, I don't expect it is a login that our IT team controls either.

Can anyone help with suggestions about how to proceed?  At the moment my $5k device is effectively a brick. 

2 Replies 2

drewj
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck finding a solution? Im not sure which/how admin account was added during the failed Teams install, and now cannot factory reset either. 

Jared R
Level 1
Level 1

Press & hold the physical factory reset pin button to reset the device.