cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

do not disturb still able to send chat message with jabber

swaziri01
Level 1
Level 1

Although I set the "do not disturb" in Jabber client, I can still receive messages.  Is this by design?

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Yes. this is by design. When your jabber status is DND it does not prevent others sending IM to you. But just the incoming chat alerts wonts be visible as you are in DND. You can avoid getting a call pop up alert or incoming IM audio alert  also by modifying jabber seeting -- file -- options -- sounds and Alerts -- check in the option "Don not show incoming call alert when in DND" also "Do Not play ringtone when in DND".

Regards

Hi All,

I have installed jabber devices in Citrix thin client with VXME firmware. We can hear the incoming call notification even we change the status to DND. We cannot see any incoming call notification from jabber app. only connected headset providing the ringing tone

Has anyone experienced this kind of issue

More info:

IM Do Not Disturb

The client now offers Do Not Disturb in the client to suppress IM notifications. Only notifications are suppressed and not the messages. Users can configure whether they receive the notifications from the Options menu.

from the doc:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/10_5/rn/JABW_BK_J559CFFB_00_jabber-windows-release-notes-10-5/introduction.html#JABW_TP_NFEBA125_00

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: