Views
Helpful
Replies

Error 111 on starting Webex Session

josealvesneto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I am experiencing an issue when we are starting a session, the message that I received is "Setup was unsuccessfull. Please try again error 111".

The error is happening with Mozila Firefox Version 49.0, on the same machine when I use the Chrome the issue is not happening.

Is there someone that had this issue recently?

I have various machines with this issue.

I appreciate in advance any help!

1 Accepted Solution
11 Replies 11

I'm having this issue as well on several machines, although it is with Internet Explorer 11

The exact error is;

Cannot join internal WEBEX - Error [111] - C:\ProgramData\WebEx\WebEx\onprem_1524\atgpcext.dllox seem to be unaffected

Both Chrome and Firefox seem to be unaffected - and not sure if this is relevant, but in the 3 cases I currently have all users reported that they were working fine UNTIL they attended a Webex conference held outside our network (by HP).

Jon

This is a new issue with IE browsers caused by Cisco WebEx Browser Extension vulnerability is described in the Cisco Security Notice found here: https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20170124-webex

This vulnerability was resolved by new browser extension (for IE it is called Gpc Container Class , version 10031.6.2017.0126), but you also need to update CWMS solution to the version that resolves this defect:

CSCvc88194 Cisco WebEx Browser Extension Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

The following are the versions that introduce the fix for this issue:

2.7 MR2 Patch 1

2.6 MR3 Patch 2

2.5 MR6 Patch 4

Keep in mind that in order to apply any of these patches (depending on the version you are on), you do first need to be on the Maintenance Release the patch is released for. For example, if you are on 2.7 MR1 version, you can't update directly to 2.7 MR2 Patch 1. Instead, you need to update to 2.7 MR2 first, and then apply the 2.7 MR2 Patch 1.

Keep in mind that after you update the system, you will need to distribute PT, Meeting, and NBR Player clients to end users (if they don't have admin rights on their machines).

I hope this will be of help.

-Dejan

Dejan,

Are you saying this is a new problem that was caused by going up to 2.7 MR2 Patch 1? 

Because 2.7 MR2 Patch 1 patched the Vulnerability you note and that patch causes this issue in IE?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim, 2.7 MR2 Patch 1 actually resolves the issue.

The problem is that WebEx Extensions that were issued for IE browser to partially address the vulnerability weren't compatible with the existing versions of CWMS Meeting Client.

Hence, new meeting client was created to fully resolve the vulnerability. Therefore, when you update CWMS to 2.7 MR2 Patch 1, you will get the new client that is compatible with new WebEx Extensions for the IE, and the issue won't occur any longer.

I hope this clarifies it a little bit.

-Dejan

We are experiencing the problem though, with IE11, using WebEx CWMS 2.7MR2 Patch 1 and we did push out the new client.

However, our users are only experiencing it when connecting to a CWMS 2.6MR3 Patch 2 system at a client (and vice-versa, they get it when connecting to our 2.7MR2 Patch 1 system).

Hello all,

Does this vulnerability issue fix with 2.7MR2?

At the moment, CSCvc88194 is not solved.

Could you confirm me that please?

Have a nice day.

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

This defect is resolved in 2.7 MR2 Patch 1 and later. We are currently on 2.7 MR2 Patch 3, so if you are on 2.7 MR2 version, you can update directly to 2.7 MR2 Patch 3 to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Have a nice day.

I am experiencing this problem as a client with IE 11 connecting to WebEx.
Trying to read this thread I am very confused where the problem is and what I can do as a call-in user to fix it. Is the problem on the server side, so the hosting organization has to fix their WebEx system?

It's unclear where updates can be obtained etc.

All of this means nothing to me.

I just want to click the link in my email or log in by number from a browser and have it work.

Fix this or I am gone.

-Ray