cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fresh install of Jabber on Windows 10, not quite right....

johnk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts,

We have a fresh install of Jabber on Windows 10 and it mostly works properly. You can place calls, receive calls, call contacts out of Outlook, but when you try to click a phone number in the body of an email, Windows asks you what program to complete this with.  Our options are Skype or find something in the store.  When I click in the store, this doesn't show Jabber.

So, I'm asking for some assistance in tying the association with that phone number click to the locally installed Jabber - anyone know the magic?  I'm sure it's not too difficult but just not finding the path.

Thanks in advance.

John

8 Replies 8

Richard Edwards
Level 1
Level 1

to associate the URL with Jabber Prefix with movi: example   movi:userid@site.com

sip: defaults to Skype

Thanks - you mean in the registry, right?

We've already tried to add the key for tel: as specifically that is the link we are clicking - tel:888.888.8888

Seems to me, it'd be a good idea if Jabber registered itself for this during an install, or at least gave you an option to do so.  Perhaps it does and I'm just not familiar.

Jabber normally should register to TEL registry during installation without asking you. The problem is that you install Skype after Jabber installation it will take over TEL. So basically application that is installed as a last one will take over TEL in registry.

Leszek

I agree that is the way it should work, however in Windows 10, after installing Jabber, it doesn't register for tel: at a minimum.  I was wondering if someone knew the work around to it not "automagically" doing what it should do.

If you upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, it has the proper associations, but in a fresh install of 10 it doesn't.  I've tried taking a working registry entry from hkey_classes_root\tel\shell\open\command imported but that doesn't repair.

John

Have you tried adding:

<EnableTelProtocol>true</EnableTelProtocol>

in the policies config of your jabbe-config?

Leszek

I have not, I will investigate that and get back with you.

Thank you.

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

edited: sorry wrong thread

My aplogies but I don't understand this reply.