Views
Helpful
Replies

Green patch in webex recording (.arf)

AthreshPS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Solution required - Green patch in video recording (.arf)

Received live video conference recording file in .arf format with green checked patch which is overlapping in the video

is there any method  to remove this patch in multiple places

sample image attached

let me know is this issue is created after getting the .arf file or created while recording itself due to setting or configuration 

If there any setting needs to be maintained while capturing let me know

regards

Athresh

3 Replies 3

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Athresh,

These green patches represent pieces of meeting center that the presenter had opened while sharing their screen. For example, Participant list and a chat box. 

If you are a presenter, and you are sharing your screen, and you have participant list, chat box, or any other Meeting Center component visible to you on that screen, that will be showed to participants as a green/gray patch. This is not the problem with the recording, but the presenter was just having those components in front of the applications they were showing on their screen. This is expected behavior.

The only way to not show those is to minimize them if you are sharing desktop (as they always come on top of any application).

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for the update.

Some more clarification regarding the same issue. 

Is this issue created only when using windows 10 or any other latest version?   

if a presenter uses dual monitor will this can be avoided as there is no overlapping of chatbox or participant list etc 

Regards

Athresh

Hi Athresh,

This would be the case with any other version.

If you use dual monitor and you share one screen, you can drag WebEx components like chat and participant list to non-shared screen and that would be just fine and this would be avoided.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan