Views
Helpful
Replies

How to customize display ID of Webx Access Number

Yan Tian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have setup CWMS 1.1 and webex access number is 8000.

However, I want users to see "Company A Meeting System" on there phone screen when they dial 8000 to access webex meeting.

I have tried from Webex Admin GUI Setting>Audio, but it does not work. It only displays "To 8000" on phone screen.

Please note that I also want to change that display ID to chinese characters.

Anyone knows how to achieve that ?

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Derek Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is controlled by Display Name that will show as the caller ID when dialing into or outdialing from CWMS. This can be configured with characters and is sent to CUCM:

Remote-Party-ID: "汉字/漢字"<4300>;screen=yes;privacy=off

If it is not being received by the endpoint, I suggest looking into CUCM to ensure that this is being passed to the phone properly.

Thanks,

Derek Johnson

Conferencing TAC

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Derek Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This is controlled by Display Name that will show as the caller ID when dialing into or outdialing from CWMS. This can be configured with characters and is sent to CUCM:

Remote-Party-ID: "汉字/漢字"<4300>;screen=yes;privacy=off

If it is not being received by the endpoint, I suggest looking into CUCM to ensure that this is being passed to the phone properly.

Thanks,

Derek Johnson

Conferencing TAC

Hello Derek,

Thanks for your reply. What I have configured was exactly same as you suggested above. However, it did not take effect after I made that confiugration the restarted (turn of the maintenance mode) of Webex server.

Today, I restarted CUCM server for some reasons. Surprisely after that, I found my customized display ID of webex access number began to work fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: