Views
Helpful
Replies

How to edit Outlook meeting "Location" text in Cisco MeetingPlace 8.5.2

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to edit or remove the text in the "Location" field, in a Outlook meeting appointment. When we book a confernece meeting useing the Outlook plugin, and dosen't type any text into the "Location" field, MeetinPlace inserts a text like this: MeetingPlace: <dial in number> ID: <MeetingID>. I wan't to edit this standard text or dislable feature completely. 

Please see attached screenshot.

Platform:

Outlook 2010

Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 8.5.2.

Thanks in advance

Kristian

6 Replies 6

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

No one? is it not possible to edit the value? I have looked through admin guide, but can't find anything about the Location filed. Only the about the Outlook meeting body tex.

Hope someone know how to edit the Location standard text.

I manged to change the number here: System Configuration->Usage Configuration->Access phone number 1.

/Kristian

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

did you ever find a way to edit it?  I'm not interested in changing the access number, I want to add the password field.

Hi,

Yes read my previous reply in this thread . I don't think you can add the password to the Location field. But you should open a TAC.

Best regards

Kristian

I did, and it's not currently possible.  TAC cited CSCtz67285 as a new feature request to make this field customizable.  Thanks for the response.

Yes but don't count on it. As I understand Cisco Meeting Place will soon or later be replaced by Cisco WebEx Meetings Server.

In fact I'm currently running a PoC of CWMS 1.1. It's very cool and can also host audio only meetings, just like Meeting Place.

If you have 50+ CUWL pro licenses, you automatically have access to the server. 

Best regards

Kristian