Views
Helpful
Replies

How to gather recorded meetings in MeetingPlace 8.5

jecker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running Meetingplace 8.5 as a standablone on premise auto conferencing server.  I do not have integration with webex nor do I have a Meetingplace scheduling server on site.

Is it possible for users to gather recorded meetings in this senario?  All the documentation points to logging into a web page to gather the recordings but they do not provide the URL and I am not sure if it is refering to the web scheduling server or on the meetingplace server itself. 

Thanks for the help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In MeetingPlace 8.5 audio only solution without a MP Web scheduling server, it is not possible to collect recordings.

When  you do an audio recording of the meeting in MP8.5, recording in the  form of av_rec.mp4 file is created and stored under conference directory  on MP Application server (e.g. /mpx-record/conf/000001.dir/016719/av_rec.mp4).

If  you have MP Web server, this recording file is pulled from MP  Application server after the meeting has ended, and based on the  configuration it gets converted to either .mp3, .wav, or .wmf and the  link is created and posted on the web page (a special tool built in the  code of MP Web server is converting this mp4 file to the desired  format).

If  you don't have MP Web server, the recording stays on the MP App server  for a couple of days when it gets purged from the server. There is no  interface to retreive these recordings (like via Telephone User  Interface, or a link on the MP App server).

Even  if you copied the recording file manually from MP App server using  WinSCP or a similar tool (you would need to identify the Unique  Conference ID of your meeting in decimal value in order to find the  appropriate directory for the meeting under /mpx-record/conf section),  it still wouldn't be in a playable form and you would need to figure out  the way to convert it.

I  personally tried to figure that one out, but without success.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In MeetingPlace 8.5 audio only solution without a MP Web scheduling server, it is not possible to collect recordings.

When  you do an audio recording of the meeting in MP8.5, recording in the  form of av_rec.mp4 file is created and stored under conference directory  on MP Application server (e.g. /mpx-record/conf/000001.dir/016719/av_rec.mp4).

If  you have MP Web server, this recording file is pulled from MP  Application server after the meeting has ended, and based on the  configuration it gets converted to either .mp3, .wav, or .wmf and the  link is created and posted on the web page (a special tool built in the  code of MP Web server is converting this mp4 file to the desired  format).

If  you don't have MP Web server, the recording stays on the MP App server  for a couple of days when it gets purged from the server. There is no  interface to retreive these recordings (like via Telephone User  Interface, or a link on the MP App server).

Even  if you copied the recording file manually from MP App server using  WinSCP or a similar tool (you would need to identify the Unique  Conference ID of your meeting in decimal value in order to find the  appropriate directory for the meeting under /mpx-record/conf section),  it still wouldn't be in a playable form and you would need to figure out  the way to convert it.

I  personally tried to figure that one out, but without success.

I hope this helps.

-Dejan

Thanks for you help.