cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P Domain

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

We are building a parallel voice system to replace the current one. IM&P is currently running fine using the internal.int domain. For a while (about a year)  we are going to have 2 IM&P clusters running at the same time, whilst we migrate users from old to new. I recognise that I cannot use the same domain for the new build as the SRV records will conflict.

1.If we created a sub dns domain, such as voice.internal.int for the new Jabber build will that be the best workaround for the srv lookups?

2. Am I right in thinking that the domain that is entered in the IM&P-settings-advanced, section is just a sip domain and nothing to do with dns domain?

3. When installing the new servers, I intend to use intern.int when prompted for domain name id the dns section, and the same for IM&P, How will I get the IM&P server to check for SRV records in the voice.internal.int domain?

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the same domain, configure ILS so users can be found on either cluster.

1 That's an option, assuming they want to change domains

2 Correct, your CUCM/IM&P can be sitting in one domain, but your IM&P can be multi-domain

3 IM&P doesn't check for any SRVs

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate