Views
Helpful
Replies

Import contacts Jabber

simc92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to import contacts into Jabber.

It works with a .xml file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<buddylist>
  <group>
    <gname>test</gname>
    <user>
	  <uname>test@test.be</uname>
          <fname>Test</fname>
    </user>
  </group>
</buddylist>

The 'uname' field seems to be required but I have external contacts to import which don't have an email address.

Is it possible to ignore this field ? Or should I put a fake email address ?

I would like to import contacts from a CSV file but I can't find a template. I tried to export a contact from Outlook 2013 to a CSV format like the documentation says but I face an error when I try to import it into Jabber.

Could u help me for these problems ? 

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sankar Voleti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, the <uname> field is a mandatory field without which the file import fails. And yes, you can just provide a made-up email address since they're external contacts.

Maybe this article will help you with the other half of the question - https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/ways-to-import-contacts-to-jabber-buddy-list/ta-p/3140326. It explains the CSV format.

-Sankar

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hello,

you can use the sample file view in IM&P it self (in IM&P administration --> Bulk administration)

• Contact List is for IM&P users as contacts
  • Non-Presence Contact List is for external contacts, like the famous pizza-guy.

In those menus, you can find sample files, how the csv should look like.

Sankar Voleti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, the <uname> field is a mandatory field without which the file import fails. And yes, you can just provide a made-up email address since they're external contacts.

Maybe this article will help you with the other half of the question - https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/ways-to-import-contacts-to-jabber-buddy-list/ta-p/3140326. It explains the CSV format.

-Sankar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: