cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to increase playback speed for the Webex .arf recorder?

ginafromtampa
Level 1
Level 1

There is a lot of dead space is some of our Webex recordings and I'd like to speed up the playback.  Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

Message was edited on June 5, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community moderator, added community categories and tags for greater ease in filtering posts (no change to content).

5 Replies 5

ggavish
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately, there’s no way to play a WebEx recording any faster than normal cadence. You can seek forward or backward or use the Table of Content to just go to the next “chapter” if it exists.

ajoiner
Level 1
Level 1

There is a way to convert the .arf so that it can be played back at any speed.

1. Open the .arf file in Network Recording Player
  2. File > Convert Format > WMV
  3. Tick the Video checkbox (You may be able to skip this step?)
  4. Click OK
  5. Wait for the file to be converted
  6. Open the converted file in VLC Media Player (free download - Google it)
  7. In VLC: Play > Speed > Faster (press multiple times to go even faster)

Note: in VLC, you can open a Playback Speed tool wilndow, if you click Play > Speed > --------------

In File, there is no such option as convert file. 

Gundark
Level 1
Level 1
I'm hoping Cisco reads these. It would be extremely helpful to have a feature in the "Network Recording Player" to speed up playback. Most other playback apps have this (online training, etc.). It saves a ton of time, especially for when presenters are speaking very slowly, or for presentations that are not very polished and have a lot of dead air.

I'm on Version 33.2.0.487 right now, and it doesn't have this. The workaround provided by a Community member here is very helpful (thanks!), but it involves installing 3rd party software, and also converting the ARF file to another format, which I find is is REALLY slow. Painful.

Submit a feature request.

post your Ideas on https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: