Views
Helpful
Replies

J4W 10.5: Intermittent crashed

Maxime Peccoux
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Several users informed me that Cisco Jabber for Windows 10.5 crashed sometimes: every day or every week that depend...

I have noticed that for users where Jabber crashed, they are under Win 7- 64bits but with Outlook 2013/2013 32bits.

Is there a link ? I don't know...

Is there somebody that I have the same issue?

Best regards

Maxime

PS: I can provide PRT report in private if you want

6 Replies 6

Hello,

I have the same problem with the Cisco Jabber for Windows 10.5.

Windows 7 - 64bits
Outlook 2010
Client Jabber 10.5

We had no problem in Cisco Jabber 9.7.

I opened the TAC and sent PRT ...wait feedback.

Best regards,

Jorgiane

It turns out that this is a bug related to visual voicemail in Jabber (i do not have the bug ID at hand).  The solution options are not great...downgrade to an earlier version or wait until 10.6

I can confirm that 10.6 from the EAP trial resolved the issue but i do not know when this version will be posted to CCO

In my environment the distribution of Cisco Jabber is SCCM. I found that after upgrading to version 10.5 Jabber had a folder on SCCM an older version that was trying to be installed from time to time there closed the Cisco Jabber. By deleting this folder installer of the problem in Jabber stopped happening. C:\Windows\ccmcache - search CiscoJabberSetup.msi.

jmeyer0011
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing same issues, mostly when an end user transfers calls it will crash.  I have had previous tickets open about 10.5 and I am not getting any responses from TAC for 3 weeks now. 

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

Did you ever get an answer to this?  We have started to run into the same issue (Jabber 10.5.0 and 10.5(1), Windows 7 64 bit, Office 2013 32 bit)

Thanks

Hello,

We sent PRT to debug but it seems that the version 10.5.1 is much stable than the previous version. On my side, I have less users who reported me some crash issue.

I advice you to open a TAC and sent PRT

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: