cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.5.0 build 37889 - Default audio alert for IM's received - too inaudible to hear; really low volume - BAD BAD BAD

jstevensen
Level 1
Level 1

We are using 10.5.0 build 37889 and since installing it several people are wanting to run from it and FAST.  We are missing IM alert notifications.  The default sound file that seems we have been LOCKED INTO is ridiculously inadequate.

Please advise if anyone has a work around to replace the default imAlert.wav file with something else.  Due to how annoyingly inaudible this is - Star Trek phasers is my mood right now.

I have tried renaming the audio file and replacing with several others that have been renamed - but it just gets worse:      NO SOUND gets played.

It almost seems if this is intentionally limited for a reason that I cannot wrap my head around.

Please advise on a workaround asap - we are on a trial phase - but if this is what the final product will look like - I and a number of others will be voting this off the island.

1 Reply 1

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, you might want to post this up one level in the main Jabber support forum. This forum is specific to the Jabber Guest product and not Jabber for Windows.

You might also mention that this issue is with Jabber for Windows as well so that it is clear that it is not a Jabber for Mac, Jabber for iPhone and iPad, or Jabber for Android issue.

Best Regards,

-Christopher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: