Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.5 for Windows + App Dial Rules + Phone Control Mode

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I am using all 10.5. 

I have Jabber for Windows integrated with Outlook.  I have Application Dial Rules set up to handle converting numbers to what I need by stripping, adding 9s, adding 1s, etc.  It all works great when I'm using Jabber as a soft phone. 

My problem is that almost nobody in the company has a PC camera/mic/speakers.  So all of the Jabber clients will be in phone control mode.  Because the call originates from the phone and not from an application, the Application Dial Rules get bypassed.  I understand why this is happening but I'm hoping there is a way around it.  Is there some setting that tells CUCM to notice that there was a CTI call to the phone from an application requesting that it make the call or something like that where CUCM realizes that the request "initially" came from a Jabber client?

OR is there some way for me to put in route patterns similar to the App Dial Rules but specify that those patterns are only available when the number is sent enblock so they don't mess with regular dialing? 

1 Reply 1

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Why dont you apply called party transformation rules and modify the called number as per your need.