cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.0 Crashes on startup - iphone 6, IOS 8.4

pierrescotland
Level 1
Level 1

Just updated Jabber on iphone to new version 11.0 on IOS 8.4, iphone 6.

It crashes on starting.   Have tried re-install/reboot.

Anyone else get this to work?  I don't really want to risk this upgrade on another iphone until I know if it actually works or not.

cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Download and install tsProtector 8 to fix it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jvanepps30
Level 1
Level 1

this exact thing happens to me. what is the deal? Did Cisco QA dept only test this on 8.3? I can confirm that this works on 8.3 but not on 8.4? Get your sh it together!

ok, that is what my issue is. I just jailbroke. but really i dont think i need that. i need jabber more than jailbreak

Actually it says in the notes that it must be jailbroken by a public tool available at release.   Probably bad timing but they need to update this ASAP.   We need to support jailbroken devices.  

Platform Features

Support for Jailbroken Devices — Cisco Jabber for iPhone and iPad does not work on all jailbroken iPhones and iPads. To use Cisco Jabber on jailbroken iPhones and iPads, you must ensure that it is jailbroken by a public jailbreak tool available at the time of Cisco Jabber release.

Download and install tsProtector 8 to fix it.

Hi There,

Sorry did not notice a reply here, that did work as found on reddit.

I notice the latest version 11.1.0.221459 actually does work with Jailbreak, it just tells you the device cannot be trusted or some-such.

So jailbreak IOS9 now works fine with Jabber version above.

Brad Ellis
Level 1
Level 1

Looking at the release comments on the app in the appstore, it says that it no longer works on Jailbroken devices.

Is yours jailbroken? Mine is and I see the same problem

It is jail broken, yes.  This is not a problem for any other app though.  The older version works just fine.  

Surely this should be down the CUCM admin to restrict jail broken devices?

Not it impressed by this move.  My LYNC works just fine too...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: