cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.0.4-client crashes when receiving calls (sometimes)

shanef
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded from 9.0.3 to 9.0.4.  I installed 9.0.4 on two client computers.  Both computers now have an issue where the client crashes silently (no warning or error message displayed to the user) seemingly at the same time a call comes in.  I have not been able to establish a pattern yet of what type of call is making it crash (or even whether it is necessarily caused by calls).  Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

8 Replies 8

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing similar issues. Mine J4W 9.0.4 has now crashed two times randomly. But it ask me to generate a report and add a description. I did not see this in J4W 9.0.3.

Hi Kristian,

Would you be willing to provide the crash report when you experience a crash again?

shanef,

Since you are getting a silent crash an no problem report dialog, can you reproduce the crash a provide event viewer logs for investigation?

Thanks,

Maqsood

Maqsood,

Thanks for the response, yes, absolutely, I'll update the thread as soon as it happens again.  I uninstalled then reinstalled the application yesterday, and have not experienced a crash since then. 

-shane

Hi Masqsood

In fact I have a crash report. How can I send it to you?

Thanks

Kristian 

Hi Kristian,

You can either attach it with this thread from "Use advanced editor" option on right side or email me (mamushta@cisco.com) directly.

Thanks,

Maqsood

I have send you an mail with the crash report.

Thanks,

Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Unfortunately I did not get your mail. Perhaps blocked due to the size. Please open a TAC case for further investigation.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood

Ok I will do that. I will try to reinstall and if dosen't resolve th crash issue, I will downgrade to 9.0.3.

Thanks

Kristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: