Jabber 9.1 Windows - 3 simple questions

0neNetw0rk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Jabber 9.1 for Windows

CUPs 8.6.4

Q1.  Computer & Phone Control

User logs on to Jabber client from own PC - only has 'computer' control for phone.  Does not have option to switch to desk phone.  When user logs on to another PC with Jabber client installed, deskphone is enabled and option to switch to computer is not available.  Would this have anything to do with the a webcam installed on users own PC ?

Q2. Phone Screen Pop - Suppress ?

Is is possible to suppress the Jabber client popping the phone screen to the front on a per user basis, some like it some don't.  Is there a keyboard shortcut to minimise this screen or where will I find keyboard shortcuts for Jabber for Wins ?

Q3.  Webex & Incoming call on Jabber

When using Webex, some callers still ring through, all Webex particpants can see who is ringing.  Is there a way to suppress this, other than busy out the phone ie to VM when on a presentation ?

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All good questions.

1. The webcam should not impact this. Start by looking at Help > Server Health and seeing what's different. The softphone comprises of a TFTP download followed by SIP registration to CUCM while deskphone control requires a CTI connection to CUCM. If it was the same user on different computers I would start by disabling firewall/HIDS software to see whether they could be playing a roll. If that doesn't get you there then it's likely time for a TAC case unless you want to take a stab at reading the logs yourself.

2-3. Not to my knowledge though I have heard this from others. I have heard others ask for the do-not-take-focus request before but suppressing toast (while logical) is a new one. Both of these are reasonable enhancement requests. You could raise them on the Collaboration User Group, where product management generally pays attention, to see if they are already being tracked. If not the only process for an official Product Enhancement Request would be through your Cisco AM.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.