Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.2 for Windows contact add

Ilya Geraskin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed Jabber 9.2 on few workstations and I can see some strange issue. When I try to add contact from outlook to the Jabber contact list it has no add button in the search bar and if I try to add contact by "New-Contact" it returns an error that "System cannot add contact, please contact your administrator". But at the same time if I add new contact by entering contact's uri (e-mail) it appears in contact list successfully with all the contact card info. There is no issue on 9.1 version. It appears only on 9.2.

What could it be? And what does this standart error means "Contact your administrator"? Is there is some option, that permits external contact adding?

4 Replies 4

Robert Farci
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

Check if your contact card has the field email filled with an URI.

br

robert

Hi Robert,

Of course it has. Cause "pizza guy" feature announced only in 9.3 version. And it do work in 9.1 but not work in 9.2. It is very strange. Also the users manual for Windows Jabber tells that user should contact their administrator if they see this message, but I still not found any guide for administrator that tells what to do with this message.

Any solution?
We have the this problem on every Windows-Client.

Thanks.

i open the outlook contact and click on save - after this i can add the contact on the jabber client

(please don´t ask why - but it works....)