cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and missed calls

michaelstCisco
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a Jabber client with voice services active. The problem is that when I have a missed call (or calls) Jabber won't show any notification until I open Jabber window and look at the "Recents" icon. So, I have to do that every time I return to my computer.

Is there are way to show missed calls in some window that will be active until I close it deliberately?

This is very annoying!

7 Replies 7

Chirag Vinchhi
Level 1
Level 1

Which flavor (windows/mac/iphone/android/tablet) and version of jabber client is used? And provide a screenshot and problem report with such a instance for clarity purpose.

It's a windows version of 10.6.0.

There is no screenshot or report required. Just think of a following case:

1. You close the client and it goes into the tray.

2. You leave computer for some time

3. Meanwhile somebody calls you. This call is missed as you are not near the computer.

4. You return to your computer

There is no any notification (for example, as new email by Outlook) generated by the Jabber. The only way to see of there are (or not) missed calls is to bring the main Jabber window forward and look at the "Recents" icon.

What I expect to see when I get back to my computer and there are missed calls via Jabber is some notification that somebody called me and I did not answered.

I thought this is a basic feature for any kind of messenger.

This even works when somebody starts a chat - a window pops up.

Hi,

The dock view shows missed calls.

From Jabber Settings (gear icon), choose View, Show docked window

Jabber Dock Window Image

All the best,

-Christopher

Oh no, not that thing that blocks part of the screen! You should remove it from your product for good!

Just open a new window (like a chat) with incoming phone number and leave it open. Very easy and straight forward.

Learn how Skype did it and do the same.

Hey there Jabber team,

Any updates on this issue? Any plans to action the request above?

Thanks,

Yet another Jabber user

Just to set the proper expectations

A) the product team(s) do not monitor CSC

B) roadmap information is NDA, so, even if they monitored the threads, they could not provide the answer here

C) the way in which you ask for a new feature, or a change in the behavior of a product, is submitting a PER (Product Enhancement Request) via your SE/AM, along with the business case for it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It is very annoying that a company like CISCO is not able within _four years_ to add a very basic feature like this. Every cheap telephone supports some kind of missed call notifications. What kind of telephone is the product team using?

"C) the way in which you ask for a new feature, or a change in the behavior of a product, is submitting a PER (Product Enhancement Request) via your SE/AM, along with the business case for it."

@jaime:
Please provide detailed information on how to create and submit such a request. I'll give it a try.