Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and selfcareURL setting

JasunKAR
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon!

We are deploying jabber client 12.5 on a brand new 12.5x CUCM install.  In enterprise parameters I know you can set the default selfcare portal.  But in enterprise parameters I can only set IP address from a forced drop down box list.  

In 12.5 we can do the jabber-config from the UC services now.  I added a selfcareURL under policies to point to a specific URL with a name instead of IP.  It seems to only want to use the IP address when I go to self care under options.  I've reset jabber.  I've uninstalled jabber and installed again and also deleted any folders I could find under appdata and program files.  

I've been searching all morning to find an answer on this.  Is jabber ONLY going to use what is in enterprise parameters? 

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The display of Self Care Portal Default Server under Enterprise Parameter depends on how you define Cisco Unified CM Servers under System > Servers. You can define Cisco Unified CM servers using IP Address, Host Name or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN). In your case, it looks like you have defined CUCM Servers as IP Address and you are getting IP Address options from drop down list.

In selfcareURL, you can define value field as IP Address/Host Name/FQDN of CUCM Server. If you want to use Host Name or FQDN, then make sure your DNS server(s) has A Record configured for CUCM Server Host Names pointing to CUCM IP Address. You can even specify value field as any Name/FQDN for example selfcareportal or selfcareportal.example.com but make sure selfcareportal has DNS A Record pointing to IP Address of CUCM Server in your domain

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks for the reply!  We are actually currently investigating changing the servers from IP to FQDN in CUCM server config part.  Glad you mentioned that!

However, If I wanted to put something in selfcareURL within jabber config that is different than what is in enterprise parameters it doesn't seem to care and still use what is in enterprise parameters.  So my original question, does the enterprise parameters trump selfcareURL?  If that is the case what is the point of having selfcareURL in the jabber config?  From the description in enterprise parameters if you set it to "none" it defaults to publisher.  

Thanks!!

If you want to use Self Care URL as something else such as selfcareportal or selfcareportal.example.com then you need to set Enterprise Parameter as None.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.