Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - BFCP support with 3rd Party Endpoints

abudeeb2009
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are trying to share the screen of Cisco Jabber client with Video Conference device like Polycom and lifesize. The video and audio is fine but the screen sharing button is grayed out and disabled. On the other hand, screen sharing when dialing from Cisco Jabber client to another is working properly. Cisco TAC monitored traffic through wireshark  and found that the BFCP traffic is coming from video conference device but its not getting a reply from Cisco callmanger. Test was done on Cisco CallManager 10.5, CUP 10.5 and Cisco Jabber client 10.6.  

Has anyone passed this issue?

Cisco TAC filed a bug case if someone is interested to follow up on it. CSCur94337 https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur94337/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Mohammed AbuDeeb 

10 Replies 10

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammed,

Please, move this post to Jabber Clients community to get assistance from Jabber experts. This community is for Cisco Unified MeetingPlace and Cisco WebEx Meetings Server products and not observed by Jabber experts.

Thank you.

-Dejan

jmguillemot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mohammed,

I work as a SE for a french Cisco reseller.

One of my FE reports the exact same problem for one client : no screen sharing (BFCP) between a Jabber client (10.6) and POLYCOM video endpoints (HDX and RealPresence Group 500, latest firmware version).

Did you manage to fix this problem ?

Could you move this topic to Jabber Clients community as recommended by Dejan ? Maybe that could help.

Thank you for your feedback

Jean-Marie

Hi Jean,

Its already under Cisco Voice communication and collaboration - Jabber Client. I didn't find any other location.

Mohammed  

Oops, I will double check next time... thank you for you answer.

Did you find a solution by yourself since your first post ?

Did you get any answer from Cisco ?

heguiping2013
Level 1
Level 1

HI Mohammed

I do have the same problem,have you already solve this problem?

HE

Hi HE,

I am still facing the issue and I had no reply yet on the issue. Cisco TAC raised a bug case but it seems there is no action on the issue yet.

Mohammed

HI Mohammed

Well,still thank you very much for your reply!

HE

Hello,

for information, we opened a case regarding this issue.

> POLYCOM is aware of this limitation. They blame Cisco Jabber,

> CISCO is aware of the limitation. They don't blame RPG. Here is there answer :

I checked further and found that the feature which you are looking for is tracked through an enhancement bug.

The bug ID is already with you.

Currently developers are working on this enhancement and there is no timeline mentioned till when this would be fixed.

I would request you to contact your accounts team who can push developers to fix this enhancement if this issue is very urgent for you.

And then, they closed the case.

If anyone from Cisco read this post, let me tell you that this limitation is not acceptable. The Cisco Jabber datasheet clearly says it supports BFCP. As BFCP is described in a RFC, it should be supported with any other BFCP client (RPG500 from POLYCOM).

Therefore, either Cisco explains/proves me that the other client (RPG500 from POLYCOM) is not respectful with the RFC, either Cisco developer fix this bug (which is not a "enhancement" from my point of view).

Last option, remove "BFCP support" from the datasheet, or invent a new/proprietary name for this feature that only works with Cisco products.

JM

carlos_canepa_2
Level 1
Level 1

He abudeeb2009

I have the same issue with polycom hdx7000, have you solved this issue?

Regards and thanks.

carlos

carlos_canepa_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi abudeeb2009

I have the same issue with polycom hdx7000, the problem has been solved?

Regards and thanks.

Carlos