Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Calendar Presence

wscotty2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is it possible for Jabber for Windows to update presence status based on MS Outlook Calander by connecting via Outlook instead of Exchange? We are using office 365 and I'm trying to find out if calander status will work without an on prem Exchange.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No - it is strictly a backend integration between CUPS and Exchange.

Oddly Jabber IM for iPhone does the integration based on the local calendar. A random feature to implement since non of the other clients seem to have that..

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No - it is strictly a backend integration between CUPS and Exchange.

Oddly Jabber IM for iPhone does the integration based on the local calendar. A random feature to implement since non of the other clients seem to have that..

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I knew about the iPhone IM client thats why I thought it could potentially work with with the Windows client as well.

So to get this to work will I need a hybrid deployment with Office 365 in the cloud and on prem Exchange?