cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Certificates/CA Certificates questions

JT-65
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a deployment for Jabber 11.9.  I'm having an issue with being prompted to accept/decline my certificates.  I have verified that my CA certs are present.  The Jabber documentation specifies that they be in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store, where mine are in the Trusted Publishers store. Does that matter?

The documentation only discusses importing the CA certs.  Is that all I need to have in-place before hand?

When prompted to Accept/Decline the certificate, if I click Accept, what actually happens?  Does it import the certificates? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SERVER cetificates should go under Enterprise Trust.

Yes, when you choose accept, you're importing the certificate, open the certmgr on a machine where you chose yes, and you should see the certs under Enterprise trust.

The Jabber documentation explains what SERVER certificates (tomcat/xmpp) need to be in the client's certificate store before they're launched, to avoid getting the accept/decline warning

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SERVER cetificates should go under Enterprise Trust.

Yes, when you choose accept, you're importing the certificate, open the certmgr on a machine where you chose yes, and you should see the certs under Enterprise trust.

The Jabber documentation explains what SERVER certificates (tomcat/xmpp) need to be in the client's certificate store before they're launched, to avoid getting the accept/decline warning

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you for your help.  I was looking for the certs in the computer's stores, not my user's stores.  Knowing that they should be in Enterprise Trust really helped me wrap my head around it.