cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Checkbox for Automatic Sign-in

BestTechJoe
Level 1
Level 1

We just updated our Cisco Jabber Application from version 11.7 to 12.1.0. However, we no longer have a checkbox button to have Jabber save our credentials when logging in. Instead it seems like the credentials are saved automatically. I found a way through the parameters to force everyone to enter their password, but that would apply to all users.

Does anyone know how you can get that option back? Some of our users like saving the password while others don't. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Abhishek Tomar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber version 11.9 removes the "automatic sign-in" option from the initial Jabber screen in order to deliver a feature called "Fast Sign-In."

This allows all of the services to sign in at the same time and speeds up the user's entire login process to Jabber.

Unfortunately there is no way to have the option of checkbox "automatic sign-in" in Jabber version 11.9.x onward as it has been replaced with this feature to further enhance the user experience.

You can ofcourse disable this feature from  jabber-config.xml file via parameter: STARTUP_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED, which i believe you have already done.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Abhishek Tomar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber version 11.9 removes the "automatic sign-in" option from the initial Jabber screen in order to deliver a feature called "Fast Sign-In."

This allows all of the services to sign in at the same time and speeds up the user's entire login process to Jabber.

Unfortunately there is no way to have the option of checkbox "automatic sign-in" in Jabber version 11.9.x onward as it has been replaced with this feature to further enhance the user experience.

You can ofcourse disable this feature from  jabber-config.xml file via parameter: STARTUP_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED, which i believe you have already done.

Thank you for the response! That was what I was afraid of.

You are correct I did find that STARTUP_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED parameter. Hopefully Cisco gives us the ability in a future release to restore the option so we can set this by client install vs. all or nothing on a server level.

Thanks again!

You can configure specific .xml files per device if you do not want to use the jabber-config.xml which is what clients are hard-coded to look at by default.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate