cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client on MRA unable to share screen with Video Desk phones(DX650/DX80)

Jareeshali K C
Level 1
Level 1
Hi all,

I have implemented an Expressway collaboration edge, seems to work fine.

Need help on the below scenario.

Three endpoints A, B and C where A is a Jabber client on windows logged in from internet, B is dx650/dx80 and C is jabber client on windows logged in from enterprise network.

When A calls C and tries to share the screen, C is able to see the screen of A and vice versa.

When C calls B and tries to share the screen, B is able to see the screen of C. (** both are in internal network)

But when A calls B and tries to share the screen, B is not able to see the screen of A.

All the three end points are enabled for BFCP sharing in their respective SIP Profile.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

For your information:-
CUCM : 10.5.1
IM&P  : 10.5.1
Exp-C : X8.5.1
Exp-E : X8.5.1
jabber(windows): 10.6.4

5 Replies 5

Sankar Voleti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the firmware version of DX650? So BFCP sharing between DX650 and Jabber Windows works fine in the corporate WiFi but not over Expressway, correct?

Sankar

Hi Sankar,

Firmware version of DX650 is sipdx650.10-2-4-46.

Yes, BFCP sharing between DX650 and Jabber Windows works fine in the corporate WiFi but not over Expressway.

Hello,

Per the Release Notes of DX 650 (firmware version 10.2.4),using DX 650 over MRA in production network is not recommended.This version has basic features that can be tested over MRA but looks like it does not have all of those yet.And i won't be surprised if the issue with screen-sharing is stemming from the fact above.

Please refer:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/series/rel-notes/1024/DX00_BK_RF53F53D_00_release-notes-dx-series-1024.html#DX00_RF_C915DC1C_00

Note

The marketing beta release of Mobile and Remote Access Through Expressway is made available to allow customers to test and evaluate the feature, but is NOT recommended for production use. There is no official Cisco TAC support until the feature is officially released in a future firmware load. To provide feedback, send an email to cefeedback@cisco.com.

Hope this helps.

-Sankar

Dear Sankar,

Let me make it more clear for you.

The issue is: Jabber client [MRA] calls and shares screen with Dx650/80[On_Prem]; DX endpoint does not display the shared content.

Note: Dx650 is not registered over expressway, it is placed on premise only.

hello

There is an update this case?